If you do Wiki research then there is absolutely no need to publish in printed closed access-journals. Here is a list of some open access journals from the Directory of Open Access journals. The selection is mostly limited to english journals for general research (of course you can also write about chemical articles in a journal of chemistry but this would probably be less general Wikipedia research - anyhow remember bradford's law of scattering).
Last review: 2006-04-26 (mostly based on LIS-Journals)
TODO: Review media journals and other fields (which?)
Social Sciences[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Journal of Computer-Mediated Communication (JCMC) - social science research on computer-mediated communication via the Internet, the World Wide Web, and wireless technologies (since 1995) .
- Journal of Online Behaviour (JOB) - the empirical study of human behavior in the online environment, and the impact of evolving communication and information technology upon individuals, groups, organizations, and society (since 2000) .
- IT&Society - social and behavioral impact of information technology on society (since 2002)
Knowledge Management & Education[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Electronic Journal of Knowledge Management (EJKM) - study, implementation and management of knowledge management (since 2002) .
- Interdisciplinary Journal of Information, Knowledge, and Management (IJIKM) - the use of information and technology to effectively create, apply, and communicate knowledge in organizations (since 2006) .
- Interdisciplinary Journal of Knowledge and Learning Objects (IJKLO) - knowledge and Learning Objects (since 2005) .
- Issues in Informing Science and Information Technology (IISIT) - how best to inform clients using information technology and cover research in IT Education, such as Curriculum and Techniques for teaching IT .
- Journal of eLiteracy (JeLit) - e-literacy are skills, awarenesses and understandings which will enable individuals firstly, to survive, and secondly, to be more effective in situations which somehow involve electronic applications (since 2004)
- Studies In Media & Information Literacy Education (SIMILE) - (since 2001)
- Informing Science information systems, library science, journalism in all its forms to education which developed independently are evolving to form a new transdiscipline, Informing Science.
- International Review of Research in Open and Distance Learning (IRRODL) - disseminate research, theory, and best practice in open and distance learning (since 2000).
Journal of Information Systems Education (JISE) - (since 1991)(no full open access)
Philosophy[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- International Review of Information Ethics (IRIE) - ethical impacts of information technology on human practices and thinking, social interaction, other areas of science and research and the society itself (since 2004)
Library and Information science[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- First Monday - on the internet in general (since 1996)
- Ariadne - Web magazine for information professionals in archives, libraries and museums in all sectors (since 1996) .
- D-Lib Magazine - digital library research and development, including but not limited to new technologies, applications, and contextual social and economic issues (since 1995).
- Information Research - information-related disciplines (since 1995) .
- Journal of Digital Information (JoDI) - management, presentation and uses of information in digital environments (since 1997)
- Library and Information Science Research Electronic Journal (Libres) - (since 1996)
- Library Philosophy and Practice (LPP) - the connection between library practice and the philosophy and theory behind it (since 1998) .
- Journal of Electronic Publishing (JEP) - (since 1995) .
Library practice[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Electronic Journal of Academic and Special Librarianship (E-JASL) - academic and special librarianship (since 1999) .
- Issues in Science and Technology Librarianship (ISTL) - for science and technology librarians (since 1991)
Informetrics[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Cybermetrics - study of the quantitative analysis of scholarly and scientific communications in the Internet (since 1997)