Willkommen[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Welcome / Bienvenue / 歡迎 / Bienvenido
This is the user page of "OberMegaTrans" in the German language section of Wikipedia. This is my individual user page that I use to coordinate work with others on Wikipedia. Basically we are a group of people - students and an instructor or two - translating articles on the German language Wikipedia into English for use on the English language Wikipedia. Plain and simple. We do, however, sometimes collaborate with others. NB: I do NOT regularly update this page; to see what's going on now, please see my user page on the English language Wikipedia.
Comments on editing[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
1) One of the easiest methods to get started editing on wikis is simply to copy or Copy&Paste. If you want your page to look like something you've seen elsewhere: click on "Edit" /"Bearbeiten", look at the wiki markup code, copy it or Copy&Paste it on(to) your page, changing the information that needs to be changed - voilà, you've done some editing on a wiki.
2) Before you make the final edit ("Seite speichern" / "Save page"), take a look at your changes in the preview mode ("Vorschau zeigen" / "Show preview") - you might discover that it looks different than in the edit mode. Even if I'm only making some small changes, I usually check the preview several times before I save the page. Just don't forget to save the changes when you've finished!
3) Wherever there is a "headline" (you can create one in Wikipedia in the edit mode with the button that features a large capital "A") on Wikipedia you will see text larger and in bold. Addtionally a line will be added and just above this on the right an "Edit" option. This allows you to edit only that particular section of the page. This is very useful, because the longer the entire page becomes the easier it becomes to get confused.
4) Whenever there are at least four "headlines" on a page, Wikipedia automatically creates a "Table of Contents" /"Inhaltsverzeichnis".
5) When you start your translation, you might want to first copy the text you intend to translate into another program, for example Microsoft Word, and work on it there. After you've finished, return to our page and begin the editing process. In most cases you will NOT have to edit the entire page (see no. 2 above), but rather only that particular section.
6) You can add links to your work here but be aware that if you are working on an English language article in a German language space (or vice-versa), your link will appear in red, i.e. "no page exists here". If in doubt, you can add relevant links, etc. AFTER we've put the more-or-less finished product onto a real Wikipedia page.
7) Also: take a look at the tab above labeled "Versionen/Autoren". When you click this, you will be shown a list of all edits to that page. This is a great feature which allows us to see and compare every change made to a page. I think it will be especially useful when you've gotten a text translated and then I go back and edit it. By using the tab "Versionen/Autoren" you will be able to see every change exactly.
Suggestions[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
If you have questions, suggestions or comments about any part of our work here, please send me an email or put your question(s), suggestion(s) or comment(s) on my Discussion page. Wenn Ihr Fragen, Vorschläge oder Anmerkungen zu unserer Arbeit hier auf Wikipedia habt, schickt mir eine Email oder hinterlaßt eine Nachricht auf meiner Diskussionsseite.
Some information on translating into the German language Wikipedia can be found here.
This is a test. This is only a test. Do not be alarmed! Stay calm and take your medications.
I wonder if I can continue this in the next line?
Links to articles[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Already completed or near completion:
Latin Settlement, Friedrich Kapp, Basler Münster, Balko, Loriot, Straußwirtschaft, Anti-WAAhnsinns-Festival, Harald Schmidt (ARD), Der Amokläufer and Cleopa Ilie, Bundestagswahlrecht, Deutsches Rotes Kreuz
Works in progress or candidates:
12. Wintersemester 2012/2013 - Put your suggestions (with links if possible) here! Just list them under this line. We can put them on a separate page later.
- Lachsargument X X
- Das Erste x x x x x x
- Alemannische Bühne Freiburg
- Stutenkerl X X
- Herdern (Freiburg im Breisgau)
- Geißbock Hennes x
- Tedros Teclebrhan
- Ibach (Unternehmen) x x x x x
- Bayerisches Reinheitsgebot
- Milka (Marke)
- Pixi-Bücher xx
Login Update[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Wikipedia & related projects now allow a Unified Login. Simply put, this allows you to create ONE account with ONE Username and ONE Password using ONE email address that can be used in all languages and projects of Wikimedia/Wikipedia, etc. This is great news. This is progress. This makes translating and working with multiple languages much easier. If you want to find out how to unify accounts you've already created, read this.
Vorlagen, Übersetzungen, usw.[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
- Vorlagen (allgemein)
- Übersetzungen (allgemein)
- Übersetzungen (Vorlage)
Verbindungen[Bearbeiten | Quelltext bearbeiten]
Alison's Userpage: AnTransit